SFC Archive

A TIME TO WAIT (June 18, 2008)

Woke up this morning well modulated…after a night’s first taebo session at home. Thanks to BabySan…Hahaha…It’s been quite a long time since I last exercised. It helped, I was able to sleep well, and woke up earlier this time.

What’s more great is the In His Steps readings for the day more specifically the sharing title “A Time to Wait”…Wala lang…I got struck with the guide question “Are you in the season of waiting? How are you handling the wait?” Striking because I’m currently single and available? Hehehe…I really pondered on the question. I decided to answer it later on after I finished my prayer time.

So, let me blog out my sentiments then. Hmmm…Hehe…Am I in the season of waiting? Yes I am. It’s been a long time since I was last single. I honestly asked God for this time to come. It’s not that I don’t want to be in a relationship…I guess I just got tired of the fast turnover rate? Hehehe….Yup, having brought up in a semi-liberated place, I was very much exposed to early dating, early relationships, early maturity, break ups here and there…etc.etc.etc. Which resulted to early motherhood? Haha…But no regrets! It’s never too late… It taught me to be patient (a virtue I never had before? Hehe). Why do I say so? Maybe because before I was so much in a hurry to grow up….I honor those peeps who wear the slogan “NBSB” (No Boyfriend Since Birth)…Well, motherhood requires a lot of patience believe me. Hehe…Also, I learned to be more loving and forgiving (It’s not easy to forgive an ex (or exes to be exact?) who cheated on you just like that but been there, done that! hehe).

So how am I handling the wait? So far, so good! One year na akong single…yehay! and still waiting…hehe…It’s really an achievement. Kung alam nyo lang. Hehe..It’s not that hard naman pala…It’s alright that walang magsasabi sayo na “I love you” or “I miss you” or “Kumain ka na ba?” It’s alright na walang magsusundo sayo after work, or invite you to dinner for a nice chat. It’s alright na wala kang kapartner when everyone else has…I have my friends! Mas masaya…LOL.

I learned it’s alright to be alone sometimes. I learned that being single gives you opportunities to explore yourself more, to get to know other people more (esp. probable prospects?haha), to widen your perspectives and to prepare yourself for the one God has prepared for you. But how would I know that he’s the one God has prepared for me? Well, one thing’s for sure, it’s gunna be a long, discerning, head cracking, heart aching, prayerful experience….but it will all be summed up to one thing- THE CHOICE.

For now, I’m happy with my choice. Though it can be nerve-breaking sometimes (sa daming nanglilgaw….modesty aside…ahem…hehe…sino ba talaga Lord?LOL) Basta, remember the NON-NEGOTIABLE girls? Hehehe…. Let’s enjoy our Season of Waiting singles! True Love Waits!!! Yeah!

“God will surely come to those who wait for Him in faith.”

1 Responses to A Season of Waiting

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Korek! Ako sab waiting pa :-)

     

Post a Comment

Search

Translate